When in Rome, Twitter as Romans do

What I have been doing:

4.04.2008

The Forms of Love

Parked in the fields all night

So many years ago

We saw a lake beside us

When the moon rose

I remember

Leaving the ancient car together

I remember 

Standing in the white grass beside it

We groped our way together

Downhill in the bright, incredible light 

Beginning to wonder

Whether it could be lake or fog we saw 

Our heads ringing under the stars

We walked to where our feet would have been wet

Had it been water

- George Oppen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I remember this!
It's very different without the music - I didn't even realize some of those words were in there.

cashman said...

I think Mr. Holtz left some of the original words out. I should check, I still have the sheet music.

Things I seem to talk about